A Comprehensive Approach To Exotic Veterinary Medicine
(Hedgehogs, Sugar Gliders, Amphibians, Fish, etc.) Please ask!
We understand that an exotic veterinarian is only as good as his or her ability to successfully prevent, diagnose, and treat whatever ailment an exotic patient may be facing. Equally as important is our ability to listen and communicate well with owners to make sure they understand their exotic pet’s health concerns and how to make the best choices for their special species. This is why our clinic is capable of handling any procedure, including preventive care, medical diagnosis, and surgery.
We offer the following health services for exotics of all ages, species, and circumstances:
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your special species stays as safe as possible while under anesthesia
- Cancer treatment: Our communicative, community approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your exotic pet
- Cardiology: Our first-rate facilities, equipment, and professional knowledge allows us to get to the heart of your pet's health and wellness matters
- Dental care: Our knowledge and dental experience help us prevent and treat your pet’s dental conditions, including periodontal disease, beak treatment, cleanings, and oral surgery
- Dermatology: Our team can work with you to diagnose and treating your exotic’s skin conditions before they become something more than skin deep
- Diagnostic imaging: Diagnostic imaging including ultrasound and xray allows our veterinarians to diagnose illness, disease, and other problems in order to prescribe the proper treatment
- Flea & Tick: We employ various safe and effective flea & tick prevention and treatment methods when needed and appropriate for your specific exotic species
- Heartworm prevention: We offer heartworm education and medical prevention for ferrets
- Laboratory tests: Our in-house laboratory testing services were selected specifically with exotics in mind. This means faster and more accurate diagnostics or treatment for your special pet. If we can’t run the test in house we have relationships with an external lab network that specializes in exotic pets.
- Laser therapy: We are able to customize our pain protocols to include laser for arthritis, other inflammatory conditions, and post-operative pain control in appropriate species
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your exotic pet in case he or she ever gets lost, stolen, or separated from you
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness, and dietary intervention programs can help ensure your exotic pet stays healthy and fit, and decreases the number if ill vet visits.
- Pain management: We offer, effective, and compassionate pain management tailored for your species
- Parasite prevention and treatment: Prevention and early detection are paramount to survival for some species
- Preventive care: Our comprehensive preventive care program helps you make sure your pet remains healthy and well year-round
- Spay or neuter (Rabbits other species as needed): Our refined pre surgical, surgical and post-op care will provide your pet with the safest and most comfortable surgical procedure
- Surgery: Our investment in facilities, equipment, training and staff offer your exotic pet the best option for a successful surgery and recovery for a wide range of procedures
- Vaccinations (Rabbits): Our veterinarians and techs will customize vaccination protocols that account for your pet's age, medical history, environment, travel habits, and lifestyle
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Exotic Pets
Our veterinarians, technicians, assistants, and front staff work together to provide both you and your pet with a compassionate and professional experience. From the initial phone call, it is our goal to make sure you feel that your concerns are addressed, you are well informed, and that your special species receives the best care possible.