A Comprehensive Approach To Avian Veterinary Medicine
We understand that an Avian veterinarian is only as good as his or her ability to successfully prevent, diagnose, and treat whatever ailment a bird patient may be facing. Equally as important is our ability to listen and communicate well with owners to make sure they understand their exotic pet’s health concerns and how to make the best choices for their special species. This is why our clinic is capable of handling many procedures, including preventive care, medical diagnosis, and surgery.
We offer the following health services for avian patients of all ages, species, and circumstances:
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your special species stays as safe as possible while under anesthesia
- Cancer treatment: Our communicative, community approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your exotic pet
- Cardiology: Our first-rate facilities, equipment, and professional knowledge allows us to get to the heart of your bird’s health and wellness matters including echocardiography
- Dermatology: Our team can work with you to diagnose and treating your bird’s skin conditions before they become something more than skin deep'
- Diagnostic imaging: Diagnostic imaging including x-ray and laparoscopy allows our veterinarians to diagnose illness, disease, and other problems in order to prescribe the proper treatment
- Laboratory tests: Our in-house laboratory testing services were selected specifically with exotics in mind. This means faster and more accurate diagnostics or treatment for your special pet. If we can’t run the test in house we have relationships with an external lab network that specializes in birds and exotic animals.
- Laser therapy: We are able to customize our pain protocols to include laser for arthritis, other inflammatory conditions, and post-operative pain control when appropriate.
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your bird in case he or she ever gets lost, stolen, or separated from you
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness, and dietary intervention programs can help ensure your bird stays healthy and fit, and decreases the number if ill vet visits.
- Oral care: Our knowledge and dental experience help us prevent and treat your pet’s beak conditions including medically necessary trimmings and other pathologies.
- Pain management: We offer customized, effective, and compassionate pain management tailored for your species
- Parasite prevention and treatment: Prevention and early detection are paramount to survival for some species
- Preventive care: Our comprehensive preventive care program helps you make sure your bird remains healthy and well year-round
- Surgery: Our investment in facilities, equipment, training and staff offer your bird the best option for a successful surgery and recovery for a wide range of procedures
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Birds
Our veterinarians, technicians, assistants, and front staff work together to provide both you and your bird with a compassionate and professional experience. From the initial phone call, it is our goal to make sure you feel that your concerns are addressed, you are well informed, and that your feathery friend receives the best care possible.